Driven by the popularity of promotions like the UFC and One Championship, Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. This has also driven interest in many of the foundational elements of mixed martial arts like Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai.
At Eastside Jiu-Jitsu Club, we believe that martial arts can be a key pillar in a healthy lifestyle but also understand that getting started can be intimidating. For that reason, we want to share our Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Train Martial Arts.
- Self-Defence. Martial arts are the best way to learn self-defence skills. Whether it’s boxing, Taekwondo, kickboxing, or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, learning a new martial art will arm you with the knowledge and skills to deal with threats to your safety. Many of the world’s best martial artists started training as a way to defend themselves against bullies.
- Weight Loss. There are many ways to lose weight but few activities engage the entire body like martial arts do. This is why martial arts training is considered by many to be one of the best physical activities you can do. Depending on the discipline and the intensity of the session, you could burn anywhere from 500 to 1000 calories in just an hour of martial arts training.
- Stress Relief. Martial arts provide an exceptional outlet for relieving stress. Whether it’s hitting pads, kicking a heavy bag, or sparring with a teammate, martial arts create a safe space in which you can vent frustrations, anger, and negative energy. Because you’ll expel this negative energy, you may find an inner peace which leads to less aggression and anger in your daily life.
- Community. Having common interests makes it easier to make friends. When you join Eastside Jiu-Club, you become part of a community of like-minded people who will help you to find a sense of belonging. Community can help you get through challenging times, push you to unlock greatness, and add fun to your days while serving as a reminder that we are all in this together.
- Personal Growth. Martial arts have the power to drive immense personal growth. As your skills improve, your belief in yourself will grow. As you see the physical results of your training, your confidence and self-esteem may improve. As you learn more about martial arts, you will also learn humility and respect. Martial arts will help you to become a more confident and humble version of yourself.
At Eastside Jiu-Jitsu Club, our mission is to empower our Orleans and East End communities through martial arts, fitness, and wellness. If you’re searching for martial arts training in Orleans and want to learn more, click here or give us a call to claim your free trial!